Looking at the top photos gives you an indication of the yard layout. In my drawings I allowed 4800mm for the station area and after planning with full size templates and rollingstock I found that I needed to shorted it by 500mm too allow a curve out of the yard.
Here is a shot of the completed template sitting on some ply.
The boys from our regular Tuesday night group provide plenty of inspiration, so with enough of the paperwork having been undertaken for so long, I better actually CUT SOME WOOD!!!!!
It does not look like much but it took a while to map out.
All together with the backdrop attached temporary. I do all my work in the workshop and then move it into the train room (next door).
Anyway enough of my ramblings. It was a great weekend an although it seems like I didn't do much I actually finally made a start and now have something to work from.