Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sh....... the fellas are coming!!!

Well it has been over 12months since the Tuesday nighters have been and seen first hand what is happening on "The Extension".
With that thought in mind and having had to cancel the last date, this gave me a bit of extra time to actually get a lot more work done.
As mentioned earlier I enjoy the construction side, so it was out with the tools and .....

Construction of the next peninsular. The backdrop is sandwiched between the framework to become self supporting. All that is left here is to bolt together.

The whole lot is then turned upside down and the pre-assembled, welded steel framed legs are then bolted on. The module is then turned back over and carried into the train room for final adjustment.

Here it is, a simple matter of attaching it to the existing benchwork and then adjust the height. All my legs have adjustable feet welded into the base. Yes I had to move the display layout module. It is now in the workshop awaiting its fate!!!!

The plan with this peninsular is for one side to become a junction station leading off into hidden staging  and the other side will just be the branch passing through the scene.


This shot hopefully gives you an idea of what I am trying to acheive!!!!! The track heading away in the photo is the hidden two track staging area and the track heading to bottom of picture continues on to "Wattle Flat".

This photo shows the missing link between the finished landscaping and the junction.


Doh, in the reverse order but the brown paper template gives you an idea of what I was planning. All the trackwork is just placed loosely to 'get the feel'.

I have more to show when I get the shots off the camera. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. I look forward to the feed back from the fellas, come this Saturday.

Until then, bring on Tuesday night as we are heading over the Craig's place aka Cassino for a look at the current progress. I can't wait.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Darren, No need to wait for the fellas. I recon you are doing a superb job. Look forward to the progress. Great to catch up in Brisvegas.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Yes it was excellent to catch up and look forward to the next one. Darren

    ReplyDelete